Monday, June 25, 2007

Reflections on Session 5

We are past the midpoint for this class. Aren't you glad there is no midterm? But it will be uphill from now on because major deliverables will be due in a few weeks.

I am getting a bit perturbed at how students are posting their contribution without looking at what has been posted before. I saw several duplicates in the discussion threads and among the mini-projects. Twice during this session, students even repeated something I had posted!

Hey, gang, this is not a correspondence class. It is supposed to be a graduate level course that emulates the exchanges in a real classroom. I would like students to come up with original submissions, thoughtful extensions to posted concepts or a critical analysis of what someone else has posted.

This is fair warning! Read the earlier posts before making your contribution. I really hate penalizing folks for this but I may have to resort to this.

No comments: